i want a nice house i want a nice husband i want to have some nice children i want to make more art i want to travel to all the cool places that people just reblog on tumblr i want to eat more yummy food i want to hear more music
I wouldn’t think of stopping until I get all of that. If you consider all the amazing things you could possibly experience on this planet, why would you ever want to stop? My only choice is to keep going until I receive everything I ever wanted.
there will be days that you feel ridiculous like you are flightless and undeserving of attention but listen you have to stop getting out of bed like you’re an oil spill you’re not a flat tire at 2am so stop acting like an accident you’re not an accident
Just cause my last couple of days have been feeling off. Cheers to the beautiful struggle.
Smile baby, cause you’ve been lookin down. But cracks &broken dreams the only things that’s on the ground. So what you stuck on that for? Shit, follow me through this back door &let me give you everything that you could ever ask for, but I’m no bullshitter; I’m your love-dealer. &i see you chasin dreams, well I’m here to run with ya. got one shot at forever, grab the gun &grip the trigger. Just aim it up to God, close your eyes &hope you hit him, cause that liquor only gon’ get you so far &all them flashin pictures only gon’ make your soul hard. I see you gettin lost in a world that can be so large. I’m here to make it small enough to fit inside of your palms. Baby I’ll be your right when everything else goes wrong &i can be that last dollar that’s left for you to hope on. But hold on, cause I can’t promise no perfect outcome. but a diamond with the flaws is more than a pebble without one.
“1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
people tend to ask me why I keep things to myself or why I’m so secretive but like, it’s obvious. I do so because I don’t feel the need to announce my every thought, hope and desire to the world. I also know that people are quite shitty and will attempt to shoot you down the second they suspect…
what you do.
how you dress.
the way you love someone,
and how you talk.
your smile and your personality.
what you believe in,
and all your dreams.
the way you drink your tea.
how you decorate your home .
your grocery list.
the food you make.
how your writing looks.
and the way you feel.